BluOne Ink is an electronic record in terms of The Information Technology Act, 2000 of Republic of India and rules there under as applicable and the provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures to make the terms of this policy binding.
The Information we collect:
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Site:
- Personal information, which is any information that exclusively identifies you (e.g., your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, credit card information amongst others) and
- Non-personal information, which is information that does not exclusively identify you but is related to you nonetheless such as, information about your interests, demographics (e.g., age, gender, 5-digit zip code) and use of the Site. We collect this information in the following ways:
Directly Provided Information:
We may ask you to provide your personal information, demographic information or information about your preferences or interests when you:
- Register for an account on the Site.
- Sign up to receive email newsletters from us.
- Make a purchase on the Site.
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes.
- Participate in surveys or special promotions.
- Participate in social media accounts involving our authors, books or brands.
- Participate in communities or forums on the Site.
- Submit user-generated content on any part of the Site that permits it.
- Knowingly volunteer information on any other part of the Site (e.g., request for customer service, submit a job application).
Information Collected by Us:
In addition to any information, you provide directly to us, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect certain non-personal information when you interact with the Site or emails sent to you, including the following:
We may collect certain information about your computer or other devices that you use to access the Site, including IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
We may log certain information about your use of the Site (e.g., log files, clickstream data, a reading history of the pages you view, your search terms and search results) and additional “traffic data” (e.g., time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, referring website addresses).
Some of our applications may deliver content based on your current location if you choose to enable that feature of the app. If you enable the location-based feature, your current location will be stored locally on your device, which will then be used by the app. If you elect to have a location-based search saved to your history, we will store that information on our servers. If you do not enable the location-based service, or if an app does not have that feature, the app will not transmit to us, and we will not collect or store, location information.
Cookies, Flash Cookies and Web Beacons
Security of Your Personal Information
BluOne Ink takes reasonable steps to help protect and secure your personal information. However, please remember that no data storage or data transmission over the Internet, or by other means, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Thus, BluOne Ink cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Therefore, you understand, acknowledge and agree that you transmit your personal information to our Site at your own risk.
Third-Party Content and Links to Third-Party Websites
Public Areas, Forums, Reviews, and Community Areas
Disputes may be referred to Arbitration at the choice of BluOne Ink only, which shall then be governed as per the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996.
Notice to Non-India Users
How to Opt-Out or Correct Your Information
You may always opt-out of receiving future commercial emails and newsletters from BluOne Ink. We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the email you receive. Please note that your request not to receive unsolicited commercial emails from us will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us, even if you opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial messages.
How to Contact Us